Welcome to Crossroads Centre for Personal Empowerment
A structured youth program for education and awareness of how alcohol and illegal substances can affect lives. This program also includes tools to use in your life to help cope with emotions and daily situations so you can stay on the path of sobriety.
Intersecting Change is a program for youth and young adults. It provides individuals with information on the criminal justice system, the continuum of substance use, and positive coping alternatives. The goal is to provide necessary information for individuals to make more informed choices to better their future and improve decision making skills.
Skills that involve self esteem, positive coping strategies, and emotions will also be discussed within these sessions.
This program is administered using solution-focused and client-centered methods.
Is this Program for You?
This program may be right for you if any of the following conditions apply:
- Are you a youth or young adult? (14-21)
- Have you ever been charged with an offense dealing with illegal substances?
- Has anyone ever told you that you need to change your substance use behaviours, whether or not you agree or disagree with them?
- Have you ever thought that your substance use may not be a good idea?
- Is your substance use negatively affecting aspects in your life?
- Are you ready to modify your substance use?
The program begins with an individualized intake assessment. The fee for an intake is $25.00.
Intersecting Change details:
- 5 week program
- 1 hour session per week
- Program fee is $100.00
- Weekly homework
- Final Quiz
Each participant who successfully meets all program requirements will be provided with a signed letter of completion validating successful program participation and achievement.